There are many aspects to your books product page. Here's a breakdown of each section.
- Customers can add star ratings to any book in the Kobo catalogue, including KWL books.
- Star ratings don't always require a corresponding review, this depends on the device used by the customer to review.
- These categories represent the ones you've chosen in your KWL account.
- The rankings they achieve in these categories are based on their volume of sales relative to other authors in the same category.
- Clicking on the category name brings up the ranked search results.
- Category rankings are also based on heat - the more popular the title in search, the higher the ranking will be.
- Free previews are automatically added to all books published on the Kobo website.
- They provide customers with 5% of the total length of the book as a sample.
- The preview can be downloaded by clicking the Save Preview link.
- There is also an Instant Preview option that will show customers the first 5% of the book without having to download it.
- It should be noted that pre-orders also have the instant preview feature so authors should ensure the loaded files have readable content.
- The following books will NOT have Instant Previews:
- Free books.
- Fixed-layout titles.
About this Book
- Each product page will include reading stats on the title.
- This includes an estimate of the number of pages, hours to read and the total word count.
- This information is gathered by our Big Data team and is intended to be an approximation of print pages, not an exact count.
- This can be updated upon request.
- Reading time is based on word count and as such, can't be updated.
- Series information is entered by you, in the series name field.
- The series name needs to be entered exactly the same way for each title to link together.
- You can add the series number in the volume number field.
- If the information is identically entered, the series information will be linked on the product page.
- Note, at this time, we're unable to link series information where the main author name is not the same.
- Related titles are compiled by our algorithms and should show titles of a similar genre.
More by this author
- This field shows all available titles by a single author.
- It won't show any books that are already included in the "In this series" field.
- This field can be updated upon request.
- Customers can review any book available on Kobo.
- The only required field is a Display Name.
- Some apps allow star ratings to be given without reviews, which means that the number of star ratings won't necessarily be the same as the number of reviews.
- Reviews must have a minimum of 100 characters.
- We try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers or any of our reviewer's personal information.
- This section provides the publisher name, publication date, imprint, ISBN, language and file type.
- It also details what devices and apps this book can be read on.